What can you do when you are feeling a little blue? Feeling down and a little out of sorts? When your energy is in the basement and your sad here are four things you can do to give you a boost.
- Take a ‘ME break” – A few minutes of down time by yourself can help you to collect yourself. Find a quiet place and sit or lay down and close your eyes. Allow your breath to become deep and slow. Drop your shoulders, relax your face and hands. Take 4 more deep breaths in this way:
- Put your hands on your belly and begin your inhalation below your belly button.
- As you continue to inhale push your belly out to allow your lungs to fill from the bottom up.
- When your lungs are full pause for a second before exhaling. Repeat this 4 times.
- Slowly return to a standing position and stand with your feet shoulder width apart and bend your knees slightly. Put one hand on your chest and one hand on your belly. Allow yourself to answer this question: what am I feeling now? Whatever the answer is whether it be happy, calm, sad, mad; just let it be.
- Here is the fun energy booster part: Gently start to jump up and down. If your knees don’t like this just allow yourself to bounce up and down by bending your knees and ankles. Do this 10 to 15 times. Return your hands to your chest and belly. Ask yourself: what am I feeling now?
- Finally, raise your arms out to your sides so your hand are almost at shoulder height. Take a big wide open breath – smile.
How was that?