Breathe – you have probably heard this many times: just relax, breathe. Yes your breath helps you be you.
Try these easy steps several times a day to regain your center, to help feel more calm and be more focused:
- Take a few breaths and notice how you are breathing. Is your breath fast, shallow, hurried? Just notice.
- Sit down in a chair with your back away from the back of the chair and sit up as tall as you easily can.
- Put one hand on your chest and one hand on your belly.
- Allow your breath to slow, allow your belly to relax and breathe slowly into your belly and chest.
- Now breathe in slowly again, first into your belly allowing your belly to push lightly against your hand.
- Continue that breath into your chest
- Exhale – slowly, without pushing or rushing.
- Repeat steps 5 to 7 for 10 to 15 breaths.
- As you do this focus on letting your body breathe and not forcing.
- Try this several times a day.