Hi, I'm Christine
Thanks for wanting to learn more about me.
I provide therapy for individuals, groups and couples. I also have an ongoing women's group.
My specialty is Bioenergetic Psychotherapy. Bioenergetics is a form of psychodynamic psychotherapy that integrates work with body and mind to help people resolve their emotional problems and live a more vital, vibrant life.
More than half of communication is expressed through body language, and that’s a language I have been trained to speak. My awareness of my clients’ non-verbal cues helps me create a safe and comfortable space that will nurture our work together. Therapy sessions combine traditional talk therapy with therapist-led breathing and movement exercises designed to help the client understand how their problems manifest in their body and how releasing these patterns can begin to help resolve their emotional problems.
Licenses and Professional Associations
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, State of Colorado
- Licensed Massage Therapist, State of Colorado
- Clinical Fellow, American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy
- Professional Member, American Massage Therapy Association
- Clinical Member, Colorado Marriage and Family Therapy Association
- Member, International Institute of Bioenergetic Analysis
- Bioenergetic Psychotherapy, 4-year post-graduate training, Gainesville, FL, Certified Bioenergetic Therapist, CBT, 1998
- Masters of Science, Marriage and Family Therapy, Summa cum Laude, St. Thomas University, Miami, FL, 1993
- Certificate in Therapeutic Massage, Educating Hands School of Massage, Miami, FL, 1990
- Bachelor of Arts, Biology, Albion College, Albion, MI, 1981
- Private Practice, Littleton, CO, 2015 to present.
- Real Life Experience, 1997-present. Raising two amazing daughters.
- Private Practice, Miami, FL, 1993-1998. Bioenergetic psychotherapy for individuals.
- Staff Therapist, Children’s Psychiatric Center, Miami, FL, 1993-1997. Provided individual & family therapy for clients at this citywide, comprehensive treatment center that included residential and outpatient treatment programs.
- Staff Therapist, Family Counseling Service, Miami, FL, 1993-1994. Provided child therapy in Miami public schools and at my office.
- Marriage & Family Therapy Intern, Family Counseling Services, Disaster Relief Center, Homestead, FL, 1992-1993. Provided individual, family and child therapy for victims of Hurricane Andrew at a satellite facility in the hardest hit area of Miami-Dade County. Group and play therapy provided for clients as well.
- Marriage & Family Therapy Intern, Miami-Dade Domestic Violence Program, Miami, FL, 1992. Conducted court-ordered therapy groups for offenders; provided individual therapy for victims & their families.
- Therapeutic Massage, Private Practice, Miami, FL, 1989-1998. Therapeutic massage practice specializing in Pain Relief and Sports Massage.
My husband and I have been married for 27 years. Our twin daughters are young adults presently in college. The four of us enjoy traveling, cycling, skiing, SCUBA diving, yoga, photography, and gardening together. I have been a competitive athlete for 35 years in swimming, track, cycling, triathlon, and field hockey.